Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What should you consider when searching for useful sources? How do you know when sources are reliable? What are some red flags that indicate you should avoid a particular source?

When searching for useful sources you will want to use the primary source and then secondary sources. For example I am doing my research on Healthy Eating, so I will end up asking my doctor a lot of questions on healthy eating. My doctor will be my main source because she knows the advantages of healthy eating. I will use other people, magazines, books, and websites for the secondary choice because they will have information based off of experience. You will know sources are reliable when they are pure evidence and facts. Like for instance when asking my doctor I know her source is reliable because she is a doctor and they so case studies to get to facts. Also talking or reading about other people who have been through something will be a reliable source. Some website would be considered a red flag because not all can be trusted. Also the magazine that has a lot of gossip going on about stars could be red flags too. It just depends on where you get your information from. You should be able to tell if something is good information or not.

1 comment:

  1. What are some red flags that indicate you should avoid a particular source? useful source

    ReplyDelete