Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What do you think are the two most common mistakes a writer might make that could cause his or her writing to be ineffective for readers? What steps might you take to avoid these mistakes?

I would have to say some of my most common mistakes are writing fast of which cause me to misspell words. It causes me to leave out words that I have in my mind but by writing or typing fast I may forget to place it in my writing and don’t notice it until I proofread. Another thing is that I can be too wordy or over use words. Sometimes I even use the improper word like, ‘there’ and ‘their’, or ‘two’ and ‘too’. It varies per person but the ones I stated for myself is common mistakes in a lot of people. What are helping me to overcome this are taking my time, proofreading, and also allowing my husband to proofread my work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment