Wednesday, May 9, 2012

In our assigned article, Tips on Honing Your Writing, we are told “the outline is the most important step in writing – it is the architecture of writing; words and sentences are just the interior decoration (p. 103).” Does this statement surprise you? Why or why not? Why is the outline the most important step—even more that the actual draft?

This question does not surprise me at all because like I stated before your outline is the reason for a great essay. You need your outline to give you and guide to follow in the direction that you desire. Your outline is like your backbone to a stress free essay while writing. I honestly feel that sometimes I get beside myself in writing an outline because I am the time of person that wants to make sure I am not missing anything and want to make sure everything is imputed in my essay that I want. I always have to make sure that I don’t ramble on and on by cramming a lot of information into one paragraph. An outline is very essential when writing and essay. I think it is best thing to do before even writing a rough draft to any paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment