Saturday, April 7, 2012

Do you play electronic games? If so, which games do you play and why? If not, explain why not? Do you think electronic games may have a positive effect on culture? Explain your answer.


Yes I do play electronic games; I play the Sims all of them and most of the Nintendo games. Sims was introduced to me when I was in high school and honestly I wasn’t into it than at all it didn’t interest me. Until 5 years ago my husband was telling me about it and played with me until I understood and now it is something I would play when I’m bored with nothing else to do. Nintendo I have been playing that since I was a kid I just love it all together. As stated in the text, “video games have been blamed for everything from childhood obesity to school shootings, from moral corruption to antisocial behavior.” Honestly I have to say that it depends on the game. I have been playing Nintendo since I was a child and there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. They have all these different types of games coming out or already out that of shooting, killing, sexual content, and robbing. What do they expect kids or teens to get from this? It really just depends on the game.

Reference: Campbell, R., Martin, C., & Fabos, B. (2010). Media and Culture: an introduction to mass communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment